Thursday, October 7, 2010

Is This What You Thought It Would Be Like?


Do you ever get that feeling that you're just exactly where you need to be? Right place, right time, all that? Like your life is just lining up in exactly the way it's supposed to?




Yeah, me neither.



So, life. Here's what's on the docket for this weekend:

- accompany Angie and Gustie on their first Hongdae experience.
(If you are of the faithful variety, any shout-outs for our safety and navigational skills would be lovely.)

- possibly hang out with Miss Yun and her brother at some sort of Korean military facility?

- race back to Icheon for the cheap amazing beef restaurant with the Yeoju/Icheon crew.

- omelettes.


So, obviously none of this has actually happened yet- I'll let you know how it pans out. In the meantime...


I just want to say to my friends at home that may or may not read this-



I think about you all the time. I feel like Korea is the right place for me at the moment, but I miss you hard. I wish I could transport you all here with me and laugh maniacally while force-feeding you kimchi and soju, but you all have lives too and would not fit in my tiny pink apartment.

Kristen & Ben- you guys are in a photo on my desk in this hideously gaudy gold frame I found at the dollar store and my kids ask about you constantly. I'm going to try to print out more pics here, but if anyone has some to send me, I would love it.


Anywho. Sappy. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and even though my life is sort of flipped upside down right now, my compass always points to the midwest.


<3 from Korea. Jenny.

2 comments:

  1. I actually had a dream with you in it last night. I've definitely been thinking of you since your phone call the other day.

    As soon as I get this student loan payment schedule finalized, I'm certainly planning on trying to scrounge up some money. Perhaps a visit in May??

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. SAVE THE MONEYZ. That would be amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete